Visa Acommodation Tours and excursions Useful information Gay scene Guestbook



1. What is a Russian visa?

A visa to the Russian Federation is a document, permitting stay in Russia for a specific period of time. A visa lists entry/exit dates, your vital information, passport details, and has two photos stapled to it. Please note, that your Russian visa is an exit permit just like it's an entry permit: if you lose it or stay over your designated departure date, leaving the country could be more troublesome than entering it.


2. Do I need a visa?

Most foreign nationals are required to have entry visas to travel to the Russian Federation. 

3. What is the difference between a tourist visa and a business one? Can I travel on a private trip and individually with a tourist visa?

First of all a tourist visa is valid for no longer than 30 days while a business visa can be valid up to 12 months. Another distinction is in the invitation processing. All the invitations for business visas are processed through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. As for the tourist invitations, they are prepared by our MFA accredited tour agency same or next business day depending on the urgency and sent you by fax or e-mail.

4. Can I process an invitation for a private visa through your company?

Unfortunately you can't. We provide only tourist and business invitations' processing.

5. If I am flying to another country through Moscow do I need a transit visa?

Yes, you do. You should apply for a transit visa to the Russian Consulate showing them your air tickets to and from Moscow. They will issue your transit visa on the grounds of your tickets. Please note that a transit visa can be valid for up to 72 hours.


6. How long will it take you to process my business visa? And how much should I pay for it?

Please, note that we can provide you with an invitation for your business visa, but not with a visa itself. We can offer you two kinds of invitations: for a tourist visa and for a business one.  In order to apply for an invitation, you should submit your application form from this website.

 7. Should I provide you with the exact travel dates in my application form for a tourist invitation or can I give you rough dates within the same month?

A tourist visa can be valid for no longer than 1 month. So you can mention rough travel dates within a month. You can then enter and leave Russia within this month.



1. How do I locate the nearest Russian consulate?

For all data about the Russian Consulates, including location, addresses, telephones and e-mails please visit


2. What documents should I bring to the Russian Consulate in order to apply for my visa? Is it possible to send these documents by regular mail as I live far from the Russian Consulate in San Francisco?

In order to obtain your Russian visa, you should bring your invitation letter, your passport, 3 mat finish photos 3x4 cm, consular fee and a proof of medical insurance to the Russian Consulate. For multiple entry visas, you also require an AIDS Test certificate (test results issued within the previous 30 days) It is always a good idea to get in touch with the Russian consulate in order to receive the latest update on the required documents.

If you have no opportunity to go to the Russian Consulate/Embassy yourself, you can generally send there your visa documents by mail. You will get your visa by mail from the consulate when it is ready.

3. I am a foreign national currently staying in the United States. Can I apply for a visa in the USA or do I have to do it in my home country?

Citizens of Germany, the Netherlands, Latin America and Asian countries should get their visas in the Russian Consulates on the territory of their native countries. However, if you reside in the US and a have residence permit, work permit, Green Card, etc. you may apply at the Russian Consulate there as well.



1. Where can I register my visa?

If you are staying at a hotel, the hotel will register your visa. If at a private place, please, come to our office in Moscow or our St. Petersburg partner "Intel-T" company to register it.

2. Is it possible to stay at my friends' place and not at a hotel? And how will I register my tourist visa in this case?

When traveling on a tourist visa, you can stay at your friends' place as well as at a hotel. In case of your staying with your friends you should register your visa at our Moscow office or St. Petersburg office within 7 business days upon your arrival to Russia.

3. Do I need to register my visa if I intend to stay in Russia for no longer than 7 days?

If you are going to stay in Russia less than 7 working days there is no need to register your visa.


4. What if I am passing through Moscow en route to another Russian city and there is not enough time to come to your downtown Moscow office to register my visa?

If you do not go through passport control in Moscow, you should send us the copies of your passport, visa and the exact address of your stay in the city of your final destination. We will send an official letter with the request to register your visa to that city's local authorities (the UVIR office). We need your fax number in order to send you the letter. You should bring this letter to the UVIR office in your destination city and your visa will be registered there.


5. How long will it take me to register my tourist visa? Is it necessary to leave my documents in your office for some time?

It takes about 2 working days to get your visa registered in our Moscow office and one business day at our Saint-Petersburg office. In order to process the registration of your tourist visa we need copy of your passport, your visa and  your exact address in Russia.

6. How long does registration of a multiple entry visa at the UVIR office take? What documents do I need for this registration?

Generally it takes no less than 5 business days to register a multiple entry visa at the UVIR. You should bring us your passport, your visa and a notarized letter from the landlord of your Moscow apartments.

7. How much does registration costs?

Registration at our offices costs 1500 rubles.


8. What are the other ways of payment for your services except payment by a credit card?

There are different ways of payment for our service. You can transfer money to our bank account or authorize somebody to pay in cash in Moscow on your behalf.


9. I am in Moscow now and I'd like to stay here for one more week. Can I extend my tourist visa? For how long?

Generally the Russian visas cannot be extended. It can be prolonged in case of:

· Missing your flight

· Accident

· Serious illness

· Seat unavailability in case of an open-date ticket

In all the cases mentioned above we can extend your visa for up 2 weeks.

10. What if my visa was lost or stolen in Moscow?

In that unfortunate case, you need a new exit visa. First of all you must contact a local police precinct and make a request for an official document confirming that your visa was stolen. Then you should come to our Moscow office and bring this document, your passport, one mat finished photo and your return ticket. We will then process a new exit visa for you.

11. Can I extend my one-year multiple entry Russian visa without leaving Russia?

Please take a note that multiple-entry visas are not extended. In order to stay in Russia for more you will need a new visa. You may apply for a new invitation for a visa while your visa is still valid. When we receive your invitation letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs you should leave Russia before your old visa expires and get a new one in any Russian Consulate abroad. Only the citizens of the countries listed below should get their visas in their native countries.

· Germany

· Latin America

· African countries



For more information please contact: